06-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #4
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halewafa View Post
(Almost) Welcome to Indiana! I moved out here exactly 2 years ago from LA as well (after graduating from USC, BOOOOOOOO Notre Dame!). I'm living in Fishers though (near Indianapolis). Never drove in snow before moving here, except for snowboard trips to big bear/mammoth, but always had chains on my car. Haven't expereienced it with the ///M yet (ED on 6/14), so this will be my first winter experimenting with it.
Thank you for the welcome! USC Law is another one of my choices, although I'm on the waitlist there. Many of my friends went there for undergrad and had amazing experiences ... sadly I've heard differently regarding their law program. Being in LA currently, it would be more convenient if I were to get in (although I do have a deposit on housing in South Bend and a deposit down at Notre Dame )

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
M3/M4 is good in the snow with winter tires. I've always driven all my rides w/ high horsepower and RWD all year round. Get some winter tires, I've used Dunlop and Blizzaks, and you'll be fine. If u notice you're still sliding around too much than add some weight in the trunk on snow days (I put 2- 45lb plates) and you'll get much better traction. Oh yeah, u get to drift w/o running ur tires
Glad to hear! The housing I've put a deposit down on has a fully covered garage and is in walking distance from the school, so I hopefully won't have to do too much snow driving (especially when it gets bad), but it is good to know that with a good set of winter tires and some weight in the trunk I'll be capable. Gotta love drifting Gotta find some empty parking lots
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0