View Single Post
      06-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
BMW ///M Friends in Notre Dame/South Bend, IN

Hey everyone! It's looking like I'll be heading to the University of Notre Dame this coming fall to further my academic career at the Law School (I'm waitlisted at a couple of other schools, but I've placed a deposit with Notre Dame and am extremely excited).

That being said, I've never had my M3 in real 'winter.' I got the car in Maryland, but during the spring, and soon after had her back home in Los Angeles. I will most likely be shipping the car in the Fall and driving back to Los Angeles for summers (where I will by trying to secure intern and externships during my law school career and it is where I ultimately want to begin my professional career post law school) [I've lived in LA my whole life minus 4 years at Hopkins in Baltimore, where I had a car only my last year].

So... I'm wondering what the BMW community is like out here (currently in South Bend visiting the law school for an admitted students day tomorrow).

I also know that I will need to invest in a GOOD set of winter tires. Any recommendations would be sincerely appreciated. I'm not planning on doing much snow driving (wherever I choose to live will have to have a covered parking lot), but I want to make sure that I can drive more comfortably in heavy rain and small (*very small*) amounts of snow.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting some bimmerpost members if I move down here this august!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0