View Single Post
      10-20-2020, 05:11 PM   #48
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
If you actually want a serious answer to this dilemma and you have the time, I highly recommend you get hold of a book called "Why men don't listen and women can't read maps" written by a couple of my fellow Aussies, Allan and Barbara Pease.

I found a link to the entire book in .PDF format at this site:

http://khalidrafiq.weebly.com/upload..._read_maps.pdf

Just a small sample from the book:

How to Argue While Driving
A husband who teaches his wife to drive is heading for the divorce courts. Men all around the world give the same instructions to women: 'Turn left - slow down! - change gears - watch out for those pedestrians - concentrate - stop crying!' For a man, driving is a test of his spatial ability relative to the environment. For a woman, the purpose of driving is to get safely from point A to point B. A man's best strategy as a passenger is to close his eyes, turn up the radio and stop commentating because, overall, women are safer drivers than men. She'll get him there - it may just take a little longer, that's all. But at least he can relax and arrive alive. A woman will criticise a man's driving because his spatial ability allows him to make decisions and judgements that look dangerous to her. Provided he doesn't have a poor driving record, she also needs to relax and not criticise, and just let him do the driving. When the first drop of rain hits the windscreen, a woman immediately turns on the wipers, something men can never understand. A man's brain waits until the exact amount of raindrops are on the screen relative to the speed of the wipers and he turns the wipers on when the precise amount of time has passed. In other words, he uses spatial ability.
I must be a man:
vreihen1615266.50
Soul_Glo13347.00
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34184.50
upstatedoc7559.50