06-17-2021, 09:26 AM   #8
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACremona22 View Post
I know Audi stands pretty strict by this rule, not allowing you to get the favorable buyout price if going to third party or dealer. Can't say for certain that BMW cares.

As far as tax, obviously If you buy the car it applies. But if going to a dealer, the only money that touches your hands is the difference in the amount (in the form of a check from the dealer a bit after the deal). Dealers will communicate directly with BMWFS for the purchase upon your permission.
What an interesting rule. Any idea what the difference may be for their more "unfavorable" payoff amount? I was considering going with BMW FS for my G82 loan but with rules like that I guess I'll stick to one of my credit unions.

I have a good enough relationship with the CU that I had my F82 loan with that, in order to speed up the selling process with Carvana, they actually released my lien/title before the payoff and just asked me to send them the payoff amount when I got the money from Carvana. No way a major bank or BMW would have done that.
GKay28.50