02-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #735
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
... Also attitude goes a long way. The more pleasant the interaction, the more likely the outcome will be better. But some people are assholes from the beginning or even act like you are invading their time because they did something wrong.
I am certainly nicer to cops who stop me than I am to posters here! That said, it wasn't me who referred to "bullsh@t stories", or accuse anyone of having disdain for other citizens, in this thread.
I just realized, besides my earlier exposure to cops (pun intended), I had pretty many dealings with cops at my last job too. We never hassled the cops for putting bullets in dogs. Some didn't agree, but we tried not to second guess (dogs can be scary: I had an English mastiff latch onto my cheek once...).
Who wanted to come to my job to criticize?

I think I see a little bit of "let's shoot the messenger!" in some posts here.

Fact:
1)More than a few towns in the US have been prosecuted for enriching themselves using bad law & bad police enforcement. I think I drive through similar towns (they have beautiful courthouses).
2)Unequal enforcement does occur, illegal or not (red corvette syndrome?). And I don't even drive-while-black.
3)There are other stories out there.

Considering such, I think I have handled the cops here with kidd gloves.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 02-27-2020 at 01:19 PM..