Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Garage List
2003 E39 M5  [0.00]
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbigbaps View Post
I have xpel ultimate on my cayenne only in bra configuration and llumar platinum on my mclaren with the entire front end and rocket panel. I wouldn't buy a car without it. I would recommend doing the entire front end and rocker panel. The whole car is probably not worth it unless you have matte paint.

Personally, I like the llumar platinum better than the xpel ultimate. Xpel is nice, but too thick in my opinion.

3M has a mixed reputation. They make some of the best stuff, but different individuals I spoke to stated their older stuff had some issues and their newer product hasn't been around long enough.

Good luck!
From doing a bit of research on the subject, I’m actually leaning towards 3M Pro instead of Xpel Ultimate. It sounds like 3M solved the yellowing issue with the release of 3M Pro. Xpel had the same yellowing problems before they released their ultimate line. From what I read, 3M Pro has all the protection and self healing characteristics needed with the benefit of being less porous (which means easier to clean) and is about 20% cheaper than Xpel Ultimate due to the massive economy of scale 3M can realize being a giant company.