View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 11:37 AM   #2324
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
...unless they don't nerf the options on the G87 like they did for the F87. Gotsta have my HUD and top view cameras if I'm paying 60k+.
Those options were not left off of the F87 arbitrarily. They were not present because the F87 is based on the F22, and that product does not have those features available. Let's remember that the M Division is in charge of building Series products into performance machines. They don't add luxury and tech goodies. Those things need to be integrated into the DNA of the vehicle from the start, and it would be a waste of M Division's resources to get involved in all of those details. So, if you want more of that than the Series model provides, you will indeed have to step up to a higher tier on the BMW food chain once again.

All that is to say, if the G42 does not have HUD and surround view cameras (and I'm not saying it won't), and those things are high enough priority to you that their absence overshadows what will probably be the very last small BMW coupe with a manual transmission, then you can safely ignore the future G87 before we even see it without camouflage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
Edit: Also, do you have any info on the cancelled models? I heard the Z4 and 8 series coupe future generations are already being cancelled among some others?
That is still just rumor, and even if those products will not return for a future generation, the current models will most likely stick around for at least a few years if not their originally planned, approximately seven year lifespan. As such, it will be years before the lack of preliminary information for future generations in the pipeline could start to be leveraged as a reliable way to call them dead for good.
kern4174445.00
pyrat15194.50