View Single Post
      11-02-2018, 03:09 PM   #13
RobC2
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: different makes and models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Real buyers won't have a problem picking up the phone. Even most dealerships have stopped BSing over email because they spend all their time on the computer instead of on the floor making sales.
I have bought many, many cars private party, so I am a real buyer. I dislike the phone in the first stages of contact for a multitude of reasons.

1) I have way more time in the day during which I can e-mail vs. make a phone call.

2) Many times if you call someone, they are not available, or the connection sucks and either you can't hear them or they can't hear you.

3) As mentioned previously, it is harder to organize questions and answers later if you are looking at multiple cars.

4) I would rather someone have a randomized CL e-mail than my phone number in case they turn out to be a nut.

If someone writes a good ad with many good pictures and answers most questions that one might ask in the ad, then I will call someone to set up a viewing. Otherwise I am going to stick to e-mail until I am satisfied the car is worth my time. If you are selling a car and you will only deal over the phone, just know that a lot of buyers could be skipping right over your car for that reason.