06-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #16
CarBrain
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GL 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post

Also, with cash down purchase, dealer might be able to make the deal sweeter for you.

I hope nobody said pay $1500 - $2000 over MSRP.
$1500 - $2000 Above Invoice (Invoice is significantly less than MSRP) pricing should be a good deal.

Good luck deciding and test driving the wheels of those big sedans!
My wife would probably just want to pay in full. That is what we did with our Mercedez GL 450. I don't know if we would get a better deal or not. I assume that the dealer would not want for you to pay in full since they don't get more money from the interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachBmmr View Post
Just to be sure its clear, it seems you may have misunderstood.

By invoice price, it is meant "dealer cost" not sticker price. $2000 over invoice is a great deal, and would be somewhere around $3000-$5000 below the "sticker price", or MSRP which is what the BMW site gives as price quotes.

The wholesale price list you downloaded from this site is the cost the dealer is paying for the car, and if you pick all your options and add them up you will be way below the 68,695 listed on the BMW site.

Thanks for the clarification guys. Yeah, I was still thinking that MRSP price (sticker price) that I got from the website is the price that you have to work with and that you have to pay $1,500 - $2,000 above $68,695 . My mistake.

Well, then paying $1,500 - $2,000 above invoice does not sound too bad to be an early adopter of the 2011 535i.

Last edited by CarBrain; 06-04-2010 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0