View Single Post
      07-16-2022, 11:18 PM   #4
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

I abandoned MLB when they went on strike, I left NHL behind when they went on strike and cancelled the season (although they were grossly underpaid). I have hated what Roger Godhell has done to ruin NFL, and for a life-long Steeler fan I have been struggling to pull away for years, but i’m pretty sure I’m done now. It’s just not enjoyable now and you can’t even watch a game, everything is blacked out and they offer no streaming service. NBA isn’t a sport IMO so never got into that, basketball is a sport, just not NBA.

All these sports mired in politics, crime, and absurd money, and the way you can just rape 40 women and keep your job blows my mind. The money is simply broken - like really, who gets 1 billion dollars for 10 year contract tossing a football around. I refuse to acknowledge FIFA soccer as a sport, I can’t take it serious or get behind anything that has no known time limit or end… it just continues on until some idiot ref decides he’s had enough and the phony acting to draw penalties is a plague and belongs on a blooper reel not in a professional sport. Golf is a skill/talent not a sport, and offers very little competition or sportsmanship.

I’ve been watching F1 for two years now - it’s 100% filled my primal need for competition, sport, sportsmanship, adrenaline, excitement and it has infinitely more class and professionalism than any American sport. And on top of that, it’s loaded with insane technology and engineering… and you can stream an entire year for $79 without a single commercial and the race is 1-2 hours non-stop. It’s perfect.

All this is obviously just my opinion, there’s a reason they can throw billions at rapists, the fans just keep coming. But I’m with ya, I think I’m done with all that BS.