View Single Post
      02-26-2023, 09:52 AM   #36
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
Do horses really bring joy to you though. I think my wife tries to convince herself that they do. But I feel like I see as many tears and frustration as happiness from them. It's a rough and very expensive hobby with much heartbreak.

Her new dressage / hunter horse (warm blood) is not working out the way she thought and now she's so financially deep with board and training her she doesn't know what to do. I just tell her to sell both horses and buy a Ferrari, I know I'd be happy lol.

She always tries to get me into the hobby but watching her having "fun" makes me have no interest. Heck, I even tried to do my 1st dressage show with her old dressage mare last summer, her horse decided she didn't like that idea once in the ring. The horse and I have an unspoken agreement now, I don't bother her and she doesn't bother me.

P.S. gentleman, learn to ride a horse if you're single and you'll have endless women wanting you...they won't EVER complain about what you spend on cars or parts and that's a fact!
I have three horses. One of them I have owned since 1999. That’s 24 years. I cannot imagine my life without her. She turns 31 this April and her black face has so much grey to it She has kicked me, bitten me, stepped on me, thrown me, bucked me off, more times than I can remember. She sent me to the ER with a concussion and split my head wide open. I’d take a bullet for her. She means more to me than anyone.

She has taught me trust, patience, empathy, discipline, self-confidence and control. In 25 years of riding at numerous stables, I’ve never come across another horse like her, and she’ll never be sold. Even though now in her thirties she’s too old to ride or do much of anything, she doesn’t have to worry about a thing for the rest of her life. She’s earned retirement as a pasture puff.

And you’re right about guys who have horse knowledge. It’s such a turn on. They can do no wrong.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sara; 02-26-2023 at 10:00 AM..
Lady Jane70763.50
kscarrol8907.50