View Single Post
      05-23-2018, 11:21 AM   #25
afadeev
Colonel
Rep

Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpungos View Post
Per my BMW Genius appt last week: it changes the temp of the air blowing from that vent by +/- 5 degrees. So it you have your climate control set to 70 and you turn it all the way blue, the air from that vent will be approx 65 degrees. All the way red and it will be approx 75 degrees.
It has definitely been more than +/- 5 degree change on all my bimmers, once you turn the face blower temp wheel.
In the winter, turning into max "blue/cold" range give you a blast of freezing outside air in your face, regardless of HVAC temp setting.

Basically, the dial is a simplified version of multi-level/multi-zone temperature controls you will find in a Rolls. But way simpler, and covers 99% of the needs.

Very helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
I use the slider all the time in winter. Not so much in the summer as it is permanently on cold max. Works well, and is a simple concept.

Not sure why so many don't like it...???
Most people like it, once the understand how it works (well described in the manual, that few read).
Few people don't understand how it works, so we share our experience on this forum. Then they get it.
And then there is an obligatory guy who just loves to hate stuff.

Pick a feature, wash-rinse-repeat.

a