04-16-2022, 04:15 AM   #28
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Probably not much to be saved by a just fuel pipe lol, it's more likely it wasn't fitted well, a human error as Surer suggests. It's bad enough on the M cars as you know thinking you made a connection when it's not in properly.
Yeah but when every gram matters they will shave weight off of the weirdest spots, like removing paint saves them 300ish grams. So if making the lines thinner saves weight they will do it.

I'm not sure how fuel lines are on other M cars, but on the n55 m2 and s55 it is quite easy, the clips won't snap down unless the fuel line is all the way in. Then the rest are threaded fittings.

It's possible for human error to be a factor, but that's really hard to believe because even a low pressure line would provide enough pressure that it will blow off if not fitted properly. So upon startup it should have failed immediately or started leaking immediately if it was human error. I'm thinking it is a parts defect, because if it was human error redbull would have said so immediately upon realizing no hoses were broken and it looked more like a leak due to cross threaded hoses fittings or a hose that has fallen off. But since there has been no real news as of late, I would think the issue is more complicated than it seems meaning it is more likely to be a part issue.