Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
More and more of my boys from grad school are getting into relationships. Just a year ago we were getting plastered at the bars and now everybody's getting tied up. I think the writing's on the wall, gotta start taking this stuff seriously.
Don't rush it my man. I have a few friends who are married now and some of them are going through some shit that makes me happy to be single. I too would like to be in a relationship and eventually married, but with what they are going through I want to be fairly certain it is with the right person first.
I don't know man; I also know these types and I think that's a dangerous mentality to have. It's purely speculative and comes from personal experience and a genuine interest in psychology, but I'd wager against staying single for very long and having the "don't rush it" mentality. As we have discussed in this thread prior, I truly believe momentum and staying active in the dating scene is extremely important in finding the "one" and staying sharp. I'm not even talking about 'spitting game' of whatever bullshit dating coach authors regurgitate, but rather just staying active and putting in effort.

Mind you, I'm a complete moron when it comes to dating, so please take that with a grain of salt. I was in a 3 year relationship right out of HS and broke it off last year, so this is all new to me.

Not to mention the great tax incentives you're eligible for if married in this country, I'm eager to get married soon solely for this. Is that bad?