08-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #55
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
You all keep saying not designed by a professional for certain cars yet the very car you mentioned earlier in the post, the Aztec, was designed by a professional as are any number of butt ugly cars and dull crap. Just because someone is a professional doesn't mean they are going to make something that looks good.

Visuals on a car are purely subjective and in the eye of the beholder which is why some people think the M3 looks fantastic and others hate it. Someone who claims to be a design professional should know that and therefore above all else wouldn't be saying things like "whoever said that the Viper looks like crap should seriously just buy a Corolla and move on" as it makes them look like the over emotional kids here that start arguments for no reason. 2 things on that statement.
1. I never said the Viper was ugly. I said the ACR version was ugly.
2. I do think the Viper ACR is ugly. About as ugly as I keep saying the Gumpert is as I believe Robo can confirm (or anyone that reads all of the post).

Being involved in design of any form doesn't automatically give you good taste. It obviously gives you the impression you have better taste than others but it's not always true.

At least Robo's analysis was bloody funny
The reason the aztec is ugly is b/c the management at GM picked a sketch that could never fit the chosen package. ive heard the original sketch is actually cool. i used the aztec as a reference b/c most people car realte to it. And no just because someone is a proffesional designer doesnt mean they are good.

The gumperts design is fundamentaly wrong. the viper is not. thats all there is too it. all that i said is that the gumpert is fugly...thats all i said...you started the argument....you could have just left well enough alone.

Design is subjective, and even in the design community there are different tastes, some bad some good, and whatnot. But we doing CLAIM to be design professionals we ARE design professionals.

We have a trained eye, we spend 5 years and alot of money to get that trained eye, and 100% of people i know who have any kind of design training, automotive or product agree that the gumpert is ugly.

Wiggz and I have pretty much laid it out for you why its ugly. Stop defending it. Stop pretending you know what you are talking about.