tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I understand what you are saying and emotionally, I fully agree.

On the intellectual side, they are expanding the offerings to fill business needs. They offer a common platforms with sufficient flexibility to fill unmet needs for the general population. Someone did an analysis of X6 sales and demonstrated that it has made a significant and positive financial impact on the company. This for a vehicle that was much maligned at launch and throughout it's life span. Such has been it's impact that MBZ has copied the vehicle. Let's be frank, If they catered to buyers like us they would still be a small company that everyone still called British Motor Works. :roll eyes::roll eyes:

Like the X6, I didn't understand the 535GT until we purchased one to use in order to transport my brother after a stroke. It offers nearly all of the utility of an SUV for those who abhor sitting up high in an SUV and drives rather well in Sport Mode.

Thanks for your input!
Cheers-mk
Bravo! Bravo! So much truth.

The X6 appeals to a certain SUV buyer and the ones who buy it love it. I would say it's for someone with a strong, maybe somewhat brash personality who wants his SUV to make a statement. The maximum utility of it is not their first concern.

I have been a big fan of the 5GT from the very beginning. I definitely "got it" right off the bat. Here are a couple of examples I used to give. You know how when two couples travel together both husbands sit in the front, because of tight leg room in the back. The 5GT is the perfect road car for two couples. Husbands and wives can sit together, because the back seat has plenty of room for the second husband.

It's also the perfect car for realtors. I'm convinced if BMW got the word out to realtors they would all have one. It's a BMW, so it makes a success statement. It's perfect for carrying clients around to look at houses. The lift gate and cargo capacity is perfect for carrying around For Sale signs and open house paraphernalia.

And it's a great mom car for the mom who likes sitting up a little higher for a better view, but doesn't want to be seen driving a minivan.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!