Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriskyDingo View Post
Shocking.

I mean, you have core products that are arguably the dullest they've ever been, refuse to build vehicles that are needed in the market place, and yet insist on filling every possible imaginable stupid niche with monstrosities such as the 3 and 5 GT.
I understand what you are saying and emotionally, I fully agree.

On the intellectual side, they are expanding the offerings to fill business needs. They offer a common platforms with sufficient flexibility to fill unmet needs for the general population. Someone did an analysis of X6 sales and demonstrated that it has made a significant and positive financial impact on the company. This for a vehicle that was much maligned at launch and throughout it's life span. Such has been it's impact that MBZ has copied the vehicle. Let's be frank, If they catered to buyers like us they would still be a small company that everyone still called British Motor Works. :roll eyes::roll eyes:

Like the X6, I didn't understand the 535GT until we purchased one to use in order to transport my brother after a stroke. It offers nearly all of the utility of an SUV for those who abhor sitting up high in an SUV and drives rather well in Sport Mode.

Thanks for your input!
Cheers-mk