View Single Post
      02-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #38
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

No need to get upset, Paul. I'm just trying to make the point that we have themes for these contests for a reason, which is to try to focus one's efforts when composing (or choosing) an entry. If we're going to interpret the themes so broadly as to essentially ignore them, why have themes at all? I could post a picture of the salt flats in Death Valley and claim there were people there a minute ago. Hardly what the theme is meant to convey, though. These contests and their themes are meant to stimulate a creative process on the part of the photographer. But sometimes it seems people rifle through old images to find anything that comes close to fitting the theme. In some cases, like the last contest about winter or the one about cityscapes, it's easy enough to find an appropriate image. But this theme held the promise of some really creative entries and as yet, I have seen none. The images have all been good, solid images, but nothing about them suggests that someone was "just there."

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
The person who won the last contest can decide if pics don't meet the theme and delete (not enter them) at will.
Rodi tried that with his reflective/transparent theme around Christmas time and he got jumped all over, most notably by you.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede

Last edited by M_Six; 02-17-2012 at 11:12 AM..