View Single Post
      12-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #34
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
yeah, 'cause Aston's are as common as Camrys and we see them everywhere every day.

It's called a design language and it's common in every field of design, from cars to toasters to computers, to give products a family resemblance that allows instant identification. Aston had been going with a variation of the same grille shape since the early '50s. Like BMWs double kidney, it gives the product an instant identification. That's actually a good thing in a limited production vehicle. And when the overall product looks as good as an Aston, why make it different just to be different, when it's already nearly perfection?

Heck, it could be said that everyone else HAS to change regularly because they never really got it right. Ian Callum got it right. it may be very similar to Astons that have come before, but it's hardly crap.

And yes, even though it's basically a DB9 with more doors, it hits a market that the DB9 simply can't. It's like saying that an M3 sedan is stupid because there's already an M3 coupe...
Design language is linked to elements of the product. NOT the whole product

AM is basically recycling the same product over and over again - they take a car and make minor tweaks to its exterior and sell it under a new name. - What AM are doing is repackaging.

And I was not saying the car is pointless. I am just saying that the I am sick of AM and their repackaging crap.