mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep

Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Ill ignore all the ridiculous talk about innovation being cheating and just comment on the OP.

I really believe that Sainz was the driver of the year. He put up amazing results with a non-competitive package. It was great seeing the McLarens, RPs and Renaults duking it out in the last race and I wish they got more screen time.

I think Charles is a great driver and deserves the credit for beating his 4 time WC teammate.

Sainz and Norris are hilarious together and I hope McLaren can become top tier again so we can see these two with their elbows out in the top 5 more often.
I agree. Even though Hamilton had an outstanding year, it is sort of expected of him, being a multiple w/c and all that.

Sainz though, came from nowhere, and really dragged that Mclaren to places it didn't really belong. Norris was not far behind, and seeing it is his rookie year, a good job well done by him.

Now, I would bet good money that Sainz will be world champion in the next 3 years, especially with that Merc power plant in the Mclaren. If I were Leclerc, Verstappen etc, I would be worried.

Seidl is no fool, and will do everything in his power to keep the current drivers to maintain momentum in that team. Another bonus is that Norris and Sainz seems to get along really well.
dtla1827.50
Ngilbe361618.50