View Single Post
      08-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #22
crmgr
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535XI M-Sport

Nice write-up. Unfortunetly, this is the BS dealers have been telling their customers for months. It's going to hit the fan this winter when all of the cars where dealers have installed summer/performance run-flats start sliding off the road. We know what's going on because we read the forums. The average Joe however, doesn't have a clue and is taking the word of his dealer. Can't believe that BMW will continue to put the LS2 on the 2012 models and still continue to not ensure that Goodyear keeps a supply of replacements for US dealers. I mean come on, this problem has been going on since last fall.

Hopefully, Bridgestone will come up with our size and keep a supply in stock at their retail stores and outlets such as TireRack. So far I've had good luck with the LS2 and actully like the tire. I will however, without hesitation swap them out for either the Conti DWS or Michelin A/S Plus and throw an inflator kit in the trunk at the first failure if a suitabe all-season replacement run-flat is not available within 24-48 hours.

[QUOTE=toneil44;10240586]Ah! If it were only that easy. Never seems to be easy w/ BMW.
Appreciate 0