Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
i don't have my snow tires on yet!
I still need to buy winter tires for the BMW. Fortunately, I have a 4x4 diesel pickup in the driveway with four newer Blizzaks on it that I drive every winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
It boggles my brain every winter. A few inches of snow and people freak. HELLO, you live in NY/NJ. It snows here. REMEMBER. Morons don't know how to drive in the bad weather and it screws everything up. Damn NJ Governor called State of Emergency last year based on a FORECAST of snow, and was wrong. Closed schools, businesses for no reason.
As a former resident of the snow belts south of Buffalo, I always call the first snowstorm every year here in the NYC area as amateur day and wreck night. The friction ellipse has not changed since last winter, people! Oh, and what is it with new SUV drivers winding up in ditches? The most horrible-handling vehicles in the world don't suddenly drive like Porsches when the snow falls! OK, technically they all drive the same when the grip drops below 0.2g's.

Quote:
I get it when snow or ice closes down Atlanta or some southern city not used to dealing with it. But NYC? Come on.