View Single Post
      03-02-2019, 04:23 AM   #40
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
I tried posting on rennlist but didn't get much help. Maybe I posted in the wrong section? That forum is somewhat confusing for some reason.

Interested in getting my first Porsche and was looking at CPO vehicles. Primarily the 991.2 base. Found a few for 90-100k with low miles and well equipped, but didn't know if they were a good deal.

I'm not familiar with Porsche so I was wondering what you guys would recommend? I'm still trying to learn the nomenclature. It's very confusing. Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera T, Carrera 4s, Carrera GTSand so on.

I know Turbo/S, GT2/3 and up, but the lower models in looking at all seem very similar except for a few horses.

What's the sweet spot for a first timer? Have seen great deals on Carrera T models but I'm kind of wary.
I’ve owned a couple of 911s and a GT4 and have driven several more.

Conventional wisdom is that the GTS is the sweet spot for looks, performance and resale. I’d agree with that. It’s my favorite 991 and the best looking out of all of them.

I really like the Carrera T. Never driven one, but it’s a very popular car on RL. Handling is supposedly buttoned down and it has an updated shifter.

PDK is an outstanding transmission, but if going for a GT model - I would still prefer the manual. A .2 GT3 is going to be in the $150k range at the low end for a low miles CPO.

I had a 991.2 Turbo which had pure, violent acceleration and power. My current 993 is as fast as a VW minibus in comparison. And yet I prefer the experience of driving it...big time. Go figure.