fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
True. I'm doing more and more research every day because I don't want to make the same mistake I made when I first got into BMW. Thought hey, let me start with a nice new 335i then upgrade later. I loved the 335i, but it was lacking what I needed so I ended up upgrading to and M4.

Now I just want to get that one Porsche I can keep in my garage for at least a decade or more. I checked out used GT3's but the ones in my price range (max 150k) were 2015s that are purportedly notorious for some type of engine failure.

I know there's some bargaining power on the Carreras up to the 4S, but GTS and above I'm not sure (CPO). I know I'd be lucky to nab a GT3 or above at MSRP, but unsure of CPO.
The 2014-16 GT3's have a 10 year 120k mile engine warranty, that's way better than CPO warranty. GT3 is an amazing car but if you don't have a second car to DD then the base/S/GTS/turbo will probably be a better option to DD. You really need to drive them to get a feel for them and see what you want. You can find 14-15 GT3's in the $110-120k range pretty easily these days.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...gine-warranty/
Thank you for that I wasn't aware of that warranty. I don't track my cars, but I do have a daily. This would just be a fun weekend car. Damn I'll have to swing by a good Porsche dealership in my general area and see what they have. I wasn't too fond of Porsche Austin when I went there once to check out cars.