03-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #33
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I think the reason why you didn't get much response on RL is because your question is very open-ended. Better to do your research and then ask more specific questions.

You won't have any trouble parking a 911 in Austin, lol. Lots of money and nice cars/places there.

Anyway, if you're looking at a $143k Turbo, then you have enough of a budget to choose between the two ultimate, most desirable models : the mind bendingly fast daily street driver that's the Turbo, or the track/street GT3.

Two notes: I see that you say you want a CPO, which eliminates all the models older than a 991 - many of which I like better than any of the 991's. Second, I didn't mention the GT3 RS, because I assumed your budget isn't $200k
True. I'm doing more and more research every day because I don't want to make the same mistake I made when I first got into BMW. Thought hey, let me start with a nice new 335i then upgrade later. I loved the 335i, but it was lacking what I needed so I ended up upgrading to and M4.

Now I just want to get that one Porsche I can keep in my garage for at least a decade or more. I checked out used GT3's but the ones in my price range (max 150k) were 2015s that are purportedly notorious for some type of engine failure.

I know there's some bargaining power on the Carreras up to the 4S, but GTS and above I'm not sure (CPO). I know I'd be lucky to nab a GT3 or above at MSRP, but unsure of CPO.