View Single Post
      03-01-2019, 02:37 AM   #25
m630
Major
Rep

Drives: '22 X4M Comp / ‘22 X3 / f136

Garage List
‘22 X4MC  [0.00]
They are beautiful and exotic and and ive followed them for 40years and still have plenty to learn. The 911 is the most icon sportscar perhaps ever built but understand they are sportscars and not bmws. The high end models are as exotic as any Italian offering (which I also luv but just stating a fact) and the GT2 RS is quite possibly the best all around exotic sports car in the world period.
The new models are extremely reliable and drivable but they have their place and you should consider that when deciding what to do. I would argue that they are not so much better than M cars in daily driver situations, in fact they may be inferior in most cases if your driving is in local traffic on local roads. While you can drive a base 911 or S/T/GTS anywhere, youre not gonna want to take it to the mall or grocery store or even a restaurant with valet parking as id never want someone else in my 911. However with a bmw, even Ms, you can take them and leave them anywhere without any thoughts and that is the difference from my point of view that should be considered. A 911 is a car you drive but not a car you park and leave on the street, whereas you can leave any bmw, whether my former M6 or recent M3 and not worry about. If you want a second car to drive and enjoy purely for driving, get a 911, if its gonna be your all around car, you’ll probably be disappointed. Good luck