fuck this field
United_States
Rep

Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by m630 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
I tried posting on rennlist but didn't get much help. Maybe I posted in the wrong section? That forum is somewhat confusing for some reason.

Interested in getting my first Porsche and was looking at CPO vehicles. Primarily the 991.2 base. Found a few for 90-100k with low miles and well equipped, but didn't know if they were a good deal.

I'm not familiar with Porsche so I was wondering what you guys would recommend? I'm still trying to learn the nomenclature. It's very confusing. Carrera, Carrera S, Carrera T, Carrera 4s, Carrera GTSand so on.

I know Turbo/S, GT2/3 and up, but the lower models in looking at all seem very similar except for a few horses.

What's the sweet spot for a first timer? Have seen great deals on Carrera T models but I'm kind of wary.
OP if you are not familiar with Porsche why are you interested in obtaining one? Seems very strange as its an iconic, historic vehicle. There are no "lower" models, just gradations of higher and more focused offerings depending on what you intend to use it for.

The sweet spot for a newbie is to learn the history and determine why you want one, and dont buy for the name as you'll never appreciate it vs other cars that may offer similiar performance numbers in a different package
I wasn't familiar with BMW but always loved the E46 M3, despite never driving one. I started with a new 335 then gradually upgraded to M cars. Porsche has a reputation for actually being the ultimate drivers car, outstanding reliability, and luxurious. It's the closest car manufacturer to exotics in my opinion. I'm familiar with the heritage and long standing history, but I'm not familiar with the different models and a "noob" buyer. I don't know what models you can negotiate on (brand new), which ones you can't, which ones are best to start with for a first timer like me.

I want one because they are beautiful vehicles that perform much better than any M car, based on what I've read and seen.