07-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #16
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA
CCB is the most over-priced and least well understood option available for this car. It is not actually understood what the braking benefit is compared to the steel brakes.

You have a VERY experienced racer on here (Karussel) who has reported that full days of tracking the car on a high-speed track, with no cool down laps, and the stock steel brakes held up just fine. STOCK. Not track pads, not brake fluid changes, STOCK.

So, please, someone tell me what you are getting for $8k in the CCBs? They look cool? Kinda. But then, they represent a major potential issue if something hits them (they shatter easy), maintenance is a problem, god forbid you are in an accident the car will be in the shop for ages because CCBs take so long to produce and are not yet stocked up anywhere....

So to recap:

1. More ownership hassle
2. No known performance benefit yet, even under extensive tracking conditions
3. Probably able to nearly match their supposed performance with just track pads and fluid if you are a track junkie
4. Ridiculous overpriced cost
5. Look cool

If $8k had that little meaning to me, I wouldn't be buying an M3.
Exactly, not to mention I've read several reviews as well where the bite of the CCB's takes a while to warm up compared to the steel brakes.

I would certainly skip on this option for the street. And most definitely if I tracked, I would just switch to a BBK.
Appreciate 0