View Single Post
      12-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Any ex-BBS users here?

Anyone here remember the days of Bulletin Board Systems aka BBS. I remember the days when I had to dial and redial on a modem just to connect online. Believe or not, I used to spend 6-10 or more hours just to connect to the Internet - this was in 1993.

The Internet back then was for the ELITE, it was expensive and they charged you by the hour. One hour would cost like 5-10 dollars. Then, there was a monthly fee too like 20-30 dollars. Luckily, there were tons of free online services and I truly enjoyed them.

Back then, there was NO SPAM, all the users were intelligent, a lack a women though, I remember BBS services where there were over 1000 users and there were only like 3 users that are woman. Those were the memorable days, I thought I was so special.

BTW, I was one of the first people in the world to use online chat back in 1988. I have a friend who invented text base chatting, it was called GTalk, short for Ginsu Talk and it was noted as the world's first multichannel online chat systems.