United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Thanks for the info... The dealer told me it had 2 turbos.. I was really shocked it had two and there was that lag. When I told him that, he said it's because it downshifted to far, so it needed time to catch up.. I was like what? Every other car I've been in that downshifted does it and the RPMs jump.. I guess he didn't know what he was talking about.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine that has one and when I told her about the lag, the 1st question from her was "What mode was it in?" I had no idea.. She said in sport mode, there was no lag, but in eco mode, she has lag on hers. I'll be going back to really give it a good test drive..maybe drive more than one to see if it's normal or something specific to the car.

BTW, her commute is similar to mine and she's telling me she's getting right around 30mpg, which is what I need. And hearing your and her mpgs being similar, if the next test drive goes well, it looks like I won't be waiting on the '18 GT...

Thanks again!
You're welcome. I can't imagine a BMW salesperson being so ignorant of the car's specifications or how the car operates, but I suppose they're out there. Eco-Pro mode makes the throttle advance very slowly and limits your top speed, among other things, so it's not a mode you would want to be in if you want the car to be highly responsive to your driving inputs. Having the automatic engine start/stop turned on when in comfort mode would be your best option for traffic. Sport mode makes the car much more responsive. You can expect to get 30+ MPG on the highway once the car is fully broken-in, somewhere around 10K miles, although it might occur sooner.

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 0