Sergeant Skinner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TikiTourer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
Did your dealer spec the Chinese Language Option for iDrive? Whether you asked for it or not, sounds like this would be the issue.
Yes, seems like all AU/NZ cars come from the factory with Chinese language as default for I-Drive. Very painful as if you add a new driver profile, it defaults the profile Chinese even though the initial guest profile is in English. It takes a fair while to find the language settings in the Chinese menu to get it back to English..but I've now written down the steps.
Spot on! My dealer just "went ahead and added it", and I told them to remove it from the build spec before it hit 150 status thankfully. Their logic was that it didn't hurt resale - I don't think the market pool is so small to need that.

I don't need it but as an IT person, I freaking knew some weird bug would arise from such an option. Turns out I was right after all.

Also, note that this option isn't available in other markets as an add-on so it'll be a fat chance before anyone at BMW realises the bug.
Appreciate 0