View Single Post
      05-12-2016, 06:15 AM   #42
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep

Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Seems to me like these numbers, while down a bunch, would look better if they hadn't renamed the 4-series in the first place (at least compared to MB USA). Adding up the CLA and C-class, along with the 2, 3, and 4's, which I'm doing as folk seem to shop these cars against each other rather often, BMW is up around 1921 cars for April.

I realize that I'm creating my own class of cars here (which I call "the 5-series is just too big for me" class), but that's me.

Audi, adding the A3, A4, and A5 all together, is down 3022 in April compared to BMW.

Lexus IS and RC, 6220 less than BMW.

Cadillac, I think the ATS is the only model that counts in my made up class of cars, is down 7950 cars. They've sold 3433 less vehicles in my made-up class this YEAR than BMW sold just last month.

One of those BMW's last month was mine. I test drove a bunch of cars over the last year or so before committing to staying with BMW this time. I did not drive the C450, as the two local dealerships I went to didn't seem very interested in earning a sale. The Audi sales folk were great but the S3 I tested wasn't (for many reasons). The 340 won the sale for many, many reasons.

I don't see a lot of doom-and-gloom in these numbers. BMW is down sales in the US, but they have some room before anyone will be crying in the boardroom. Cherry pick one sales stat or the other and it comes off looking worse than it is.
Thank you. Now if only the media had done their research instead of singling out BMW.