View Single Post
      05-11-2016, 05:22 PM   #41
bmwpc
Private
Rep

Drives:

Garage List
Look at your Manufacturer Date

One of the reasons the X4 and particularly the X4M40i is low is BNW held the cars before shipping to the US, their largest market. My X4M was built on 11/29/15 (a Sunday) yet didn't arrive in the US untilearly March which is more than twice the normal transport time. According to my dealer, a pretty decent sized one, the problem is the dealers are unhappy that BMW is producing so many different models that are very similar and only scavenging their own sales, One instance, the new 1 series, He said the dealers needed that like they needed another Mini model. BMW wanted it to push a lower base price point. Fortunately or unfortunately depending on your viewpoint, BMW is trying to become one of the top 5 car builders for the US and also push very heavy into China. They are no longer the niche maker of the 60's through the 90's and that's why they have lost much of their exclusivity/status in the US. They have also softened up a bit as you see in the new m4 and 3 series which are now now no longer the best rated handling cars in their class as they have been for the past 15 years.