Major
Rep

Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by david in germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingfortress View Post
Good Ol' New Yorkers...

A piece of cardboard and some paint attached to the back of a car didn’t fool an Erie County Sheriff’s deputy.
A Sardinia woman painted herself a fake license plate and got pulled over Wednesday morning in Springville, the sheriff’s office said.
Amanda Schweickert, 28, was driving on North Street with no front license plate and a rear plate fashioned to look like a New York State plate.
Schweickert, who had a suspended registration and no insurance, was charged with a felony count of possession of a forged instrument, driving with a suspended registration and ticketed for three traffic infractions, the sheriff’s office said.
She was being held at the Erie County Holding Center on $400 bail. She has an upcoming appearance in Springville Village Court.
if she would have just traveled on the constitutional "right to Travel" she may have been able to fight it if she had not made the false plate. The term "Drive" is a legal term for operating a motor vehicle for commerce or profit. If you are traveling in your privately owned property (proof of ownership is needed) legally, there is no need to have a state issued license to drive. Most police officers do not know this therefore you may be subject to arrest but 90% of the time all charges will be dropped if you have done your homework.
This is good to know.

I hate having that ugly ass taxi cab yellow license plate on my beautiful bimmer.

I would love to take those eye sores off (front and rear plates) and drive around without them if I'm legally within rights as long as my license is valid, lol