05-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #732
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
I go once every few weeks for trigger point massage, works great for me and I feel back to 100% after. Especially in my hip and low back areas.

I also have a Hyperice vibrating foam roller. The thing is awesome, it takes foam rolling to the next level. It gets deeper into the muscle belly and fibers. I use it before train, religiously.

Finally, I use an inversion table once a day. Picked one up on Craigslist for a steal! It absolutely loosenes/opens up my spine, hips, shoulders etc. Gets the blood flowing to areas that don’t normally get it.

These body maintenance techniques and equipment essential for me, which directly impact and help/heal my recovery and training
Also been using a foam roller extensively....especially for static stretches with my hip flexors. In the past before foam rollers became popular, I remember rolling out my IT Bands with a paint roller you would buy at any hardware store. Put a 3" roller on it, and just work them over after leg day.

Also I have been using the inversion table we have at my gym daily for almost a year. I really didn't put much stock into it at first as I'm a minimalist type of guy...so it took a few months of friends telling me about it before I even gave it a whirl.

Now I don't know how I lived without it!