04-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #62
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
No, the name change was more fitting, no issues there from me.

I didn't want a hand out - I wanted them to keep the rules the same as they've always been. That's quite different from a handout. But, and I know you're going to be happy to learn about this, I'm feeling much better now.

You see, the government backed off a little on the whole taxing passive investment income such that the old rules apply up to $50K of investment income (so I'd need to amass around $1M @5% to hit that mark) before the new rules apply. I'm not in any danger of that now or in the near future.
That's too bad - passive income should be taxed at the same rate as normal income, or at least slightly lower.

Quote:
Plus, there was an unexpected gift where they actually lowered business taxes on my corp which will be going down by a total of 2.5% over the next two years. An unexpected gift.

So as you can see, I'm much less salty now.
Again, I disagree with this move. This just means that proposed revenue will fall back on everyone else. Business always looking for hand outs, suckling on the tit of the government like free loaders.

Quote:
But I still disagree with people like you that propose people should pay whatever the government wants and then just work harder to try to make the same level of income back. That's not a solution. The solution is to cut back government spending and give people a reality check that they have to be somewhat self sufficient.
I mean, I never said that - but people in here are complaining that they are taxed so much, not realizing that they are doing better than most. If you hate making money that much, make less of it - and if you like it - make more.

Complaining that your taxes went up by 2% is petty and silly.