View Single Post
      04-06-2018, 12:11 PM   #48
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taskmaster View Post
Or Less. I mean, those taxes fostered the environment that allowed you to be successful.

You're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Really, taxes fostered the environment? The environment was fostered post world war 2, taxes were low and there were jobs and the view that if you wanted to work hard you could build a good life for you and your family.

And FTR, I have no issue paying fair taxes for healthcare, infrastructure, education and community safety. I have an issue with waste in the Billions which drives up more taxes for no good reason. Two gas powered hydro plants stopped mid construction to appease voters in two ridings, the cost over $1.2 Billion, then build those plants elsewhere in the province.....it goes on and on at all levels of government. The Ontario Ministry of Health has the biggest budget of all the ministries, and yet has created substandard health care.

Again, I have no issues with taxes that are fair, I have a problem with waste and mismanagement.
Would it help to know that Taskmaster is just the old "The Axiom"? Whose views on taxes are well known - basically, pay whatever the government asks for and just work harder.

While I think he's out to lunch (probably on the taxpayer's dime), he is at least consistent.
RABAUKE4658.00