Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
I did enjoy your photo... however I think Ichibans had more "POP" to it. because there weren't as many colors. That purple just really stood out to me since the rest of the photo was mostly Blacks or whites.

The blue in Jnic's was also a fav, but I think the subject and compsition just wasn't as thrilling as it could've been.

There were defanitely some REALLY good pix this go-round.

congrats DC, you deserve it. I LOVED the reflection of the balloon in your pic too... perfect example of a hot air balloon shot you'd see on a kodak film box or something.

looking forward to the next theme (and I'm promising myself right now I'll make time to enter this one).
Well, I voted for Ichibans' also. The great blue heron image really caught my eye also, because I spend a lot of time trying to get exciting shots of GBHs. There are lots of people shooting them and that image was unique among the hundreds that I've looked at.

I liked my image, but feared it was a little too "stock" since that's a classic subject that many photographers go after. (You should have seen me jostling the photogs fighting me for that spot where the sun was directly behind me. You literally run up and down the shore for the best perspective and light). Still, it's on my Flickr site an got very good traffic there, so that helped me pick out of some similar ones in my portfolio.

Great contest.

Dave