View Single Post
      03-03-2023, 04:42 AM   #1
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport

Long term care insurance

My FIL had a brain bleed about 2 weeks ago. He been in great shape for a 90 year old. We made him a 90 birthday party in January and this happened mid February. He was in hospital for several days and miraculously went from little speech and not knowing us to, he recognizes us and speaks coherently. Wow. It was just a mind blowing turn around for the better.

He’s home , his home and has PT,OT and speech therapy several times a week. Also had visiting nurse and an aid 24x7 as my MIL is 88 and cannot physically assist.

Point is his long term care insurance is great and covering most of the above that’s not covered by mecicare and his supplements. Protects his assets.

I’ve got life insurance but never looked at this. I Will be soon. I’m sure it’s crazy expensive as I’m 56 yo. We will see. Just posting so that everyone can consider looking into. And for you young kids do it now same with life insurance. No I don’t sell it -lol. Just a PSA.

On a side note it’s been really stressful on my Wife. She been to 4 doctors in as many days and having the insurance assist with covering expenses is a big relief.

TGIF all

Last edited by jsf721; 03-03-2023 at 05:04 AM..