View Single Post
      11-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #105
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
I know Mario because I grew up about 20 minutes from where he lives. Over the years, I've gotten to know Larry, Mario's brother-in-law, quite well. I've gotten plenty of tickets for the Nazareth race including all-access pit passes and hospitality tent. My buddy and I were really close to traveling on Mario's private jet to one of the races, but they only had one seat available.
Yes, to answer your question, Mario did indeed purchase his Corvettes. He purchased it from a local dealership that he's been dealing with. He did get a little better deal than we could, but he did put out his own money to purchase the car. He's very pleased with it. I actually did an interview with him for the C5 Registry several years ago.
Here's the sad part - Ford wouldn't do anything for him when he wanted to purchase a new tow vehicle for the souvenir trailer, nothing. He won the Daytona 500, Indy 500 and the F1 title using Ford power and they wouldn't do anything.
Private jet would have been nice. Funny, seven Fords in less than ten years(business and personal) plenty of blown trannys etc and not one extended courtesy. Not even Mario gets courtesies.
Did you happen to see top gear episode when JC took delivery on his Ford GT. In for sevice first day.