View Single Post
      11-11-2008, 11:22 PM   #74
ruxp
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Both of the cars you have mentioned cost much more money than any car in the current discussion. As a function of the cost, the buyers may have priorities or preferences that lie outside the realm of reasonable. Or, another way to say it is that they have enough money to throw on a $300k supercar without a real need or reason. More just because they want it, but this could also be classified as mid-life crisis some (not all) of the time. (This statement is of course excluding the primary purpose of those cars, which is to be tracked. As outlined by the original posts that sparked the discussion.)
What are you talking about? The 911 GT3 stickers at roughly the same price as the ZR-1. 911 Turbo is in the same ballpark.

Aside from that, I don't see how that answers my question. The purpose of buying these cars is that they cost a lot? I would venture the average owner of a new ZR-1 or Z06 is in a pretty high tax bracket themselves. Do you think there aren't C6 vette owners out there who don't also have Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc?