07-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #66
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Wow no parking outside on the driveway? Never heard of an HOA mandating that. Most people seem to use their garages for storage rather than car parking. I would imagine not being able to park outside would turn away a lot of buyers no? What about for guests?
You can get a pass for guests and usually around the holidays when lots of guests are around there is little enforcement. But the place does look nicer with all the cars parked inside and off the streets.

As to turning away buyers we have almost no available houses right now. A condo reasonably priced came up last week and sold in a day. A nice house a block away from me sold in a week. The ones still on the market have all been on market a long time for various reasons such as location, a bad house or overpriced. Sometimes all 3.

I just wish my lot had room to expand the garage. Sadly, the only extra room I have is on the wrong side. The garage side is right up to the lot line.

Edited to add - this is Arizona. People really don't want to part outside anyway. Car turns into an oven and ages really fast.