Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT0404 View Post
Thanks, Dave. I guess I really wasn't panning in this particular shot. I was actually focused on the hand and waited for the bird to swoop down for the worm and started firing. I guess this is where you run into the limitations on the 5d2. I probably should have thought about using the 40D. Great advice to keep both eyes open to track the subject. I really hadn't thought of that before.

Here's another shot from inside. The Steller's Sea Eagle. A very impressive bird:
Super portrait of the sea eagle. It looks like it's snowing which makes a really special captive shot.

If you owned a 7D, I might agree about using a crop-sensor vs. the 5D2. The 40D's processor and pixels aren't up to competing with the IQ of the 5D2, even when the image is cropped down to the same subject size as the 40D.

The 7D has a smaller pixel-pitch, slightly better AF and 8-fps vs. the 5D2, but, except for the 8-fps, all that stuff is very close, making which one to use pretty much a toss up for things that aren't moving fast.

Dave