01-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #5967
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
What do your default settings look like? I don't use LR, but with DxO I've got preset set to apply an S-curve, add Contrast and add Vibrance. All those will make a finished image look darker. I sometimes add a little brightness to offset when I didn't expose enough "to the right" in my initial image.

I would guess that it's easy to develop your own preset. For the image you show I'd like more Contrast and a little pull down in the RGB curve, if I were doing it myself. Those sliders and curves are all there for your usage. Don't be afraid to push and pull on them, just don't get carried away. (The Saturation slider is where too many people go astray).

Dave
no presets, just simple settings, i like going through my pictures 1 by 1 unless i know there's a grouping like if i do a photoshoot with friends, then i can do a mass edit, then small tweaks, but i start from 0 on everything.

Light room shows you the finished picture, but i'm assuming that somewhere in my transformation from RAW to JPEG somethings going a bit wrong, and i'm losing brightness or exposure, or something. Maybe i've got my quality set too low, and this is the result.