Thread: Car Care Newbie
View Single Post
      07-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Hustlin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M235xi

Car Care Newbie

There is a great wealth of knowledge and advice on this forum, but i'm still a little confused on a couple of processes. Any insight would be appreciated.

Car: 2015 M235i
Color: Black
Wheels: Stock
Extra: Performance Exhaust with Chrome tips
Parking: Attached Garage

My driveway is on a steep incline, therefore I'm trying to avoid hose washing at home. After doing some research, i'm finding out self-service car washes are not the greatest. This is my first brand new car, and my first BMW. I plan on making the effort to keep it in great condition. My last three cars added together, still do not top the MSRP of my 235. So it shouldn't be surprising that I didn't put that much effort into exterior cleaning. Basically just did automatic or self washes every two or three weeks.

Here are some questions:

A ton of people recommend Griots products. I can't tell the difference between the spray on wash and the speed shine. Seems like they have the same purpose. Could anyone explain why you need both?

Should I use the Griots spray on wax or the BMW. Will it hurt or not help to use the spray on wax after the spray wash or speed shine?

I've never waxed a car, usually just paid the $100 and went to a detail center. Especially since washing the car at home is near impossible. Any suggestions or should I keep just going to the detail center? Any idea when this should be done, the car is 2/3 months old.

If it helps with the advice, I live in the chicago burbs.
Appreciate 0