View Single Post
      02-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #1238
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
My 1911 story started with wanting to reduce my caliber collection from 9mm, .40, 5.56 to just .40 and 5.56. I went to the LGS to see what my fairly rare 9mm Stainless IMI Baby Eagle would be worth along with the intent to buy a full size .40 as i already had a compact sized G23.

With the sad news i wasn't going to get what i had seen fair market for the 9mm, i figured i'd sell it privately. So i started looking at full size .40s and came across the Kimber case. I had heard of Kimber and didn't know what all the fuss was about. Asked a sales person and he explained whey they were coveted. Money must have been burning a hole in my pocket because i was quick to decide to buy a Kimber. Sales guy must have been biased because he talked me into the Sig Scorpion 1911 for a few hundred less. Deal was done.

So i went with the intent to thin my caliber collection and ended up adding another caliber to the mix! I had let my CCP laps so i had the 3 day wait. When i went back to pick it up i must have lost my mind because when the guy said "is this all you want? Because you just cleared the BG check and waited 3 days, we can add anything you want without waiting again..." i said, sure, i'll take that HK P30 in 9mm. lol

After much research on ballistics between 9mm and .40, i ditched the .40 and kept the 9mm. .45, 5.56 and have added .300blk along with .22lr. I literally avoid the 1911 cabinet when at the range.... there is just something about them.
I get it. I drool over the 1911 cabinet whenever I pass by it at a store or range. But non 1911's...meh, nice and all, but I can pass by without a second look more or less.

My impulses have been constrained by the fact though that I've been informed by my wife that two firearms are enough for our household and I will be spending significant (if not eternal) time in the doghouse should I come home with another firearm. So I've been able to resist the urge to purchase another one thus far with that threat hanging over me.
Mr Tonka6060.00
Biorin2784.50