View Single Post
      03-21-2019, 09:33 PM   #7
JAKE_7
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFU View Post
Looks like the Harman Kardon speaker upgrade is now available without having to take the (now defunct because of laser light supply issue) premium package. When I placed my order, I saw no such option, so am getting a little fomo.

Anyone have any experience of the standard stereo system versus the Harman Kardon system? I've always specced a Harman Kardon system for my previous cars, so I don't have a good comparison point anymore.
JFU, Note that the laser light was never part of the of the premium package (ZPP). It was only part of the Executive package (ZPX) and the ZPX was available only on the 50i version. So if you wanted the laser light when it was still up for grabs, you would have to buy the 50i trim and choose ZPX. Harman Kardon has always being part of the premium package for the 40i or optioned if you do not choose the premium package. For the 50i, Harman Kardon comes standard. Hope this helps to clarify the issues.

I have the 40i with premium package. The Harman Kardon really came alive after I made a few adjustments to the equalizer as suggested in some threads below. Beautiful sound at low, mid, high levels. Bear in mind that these speakers require sometime to break-in. They get better with time. Same experience with my 2014 X5 Harman Kardon system.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1582200

Last edited by JAKE_7; 03-21-2019 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 0