View Single Post
      08-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #17
M3OW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f80 m3 on radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3guy3 View Post
And i can respect that, as long as you can respect that not everyone loves turbo engines. and there are plenty of n/A engines that offer plenty of power at lower and higher RPM ranges.

my point being that OP probably doesn't like turbo engines, and you guys are telling him stuff he already knows. Everyone knows how well trubo engines can make power. But there are people who prefer the unfiltered sound, raw emotion/feel of some N/A engines. Even when they are a slower car.
Your right im not a big fan on turbos in general. Before my r8 purchase I was looking into a 911 turbo s and while it had insane amount of power and torque it just didn't do it for me like the v10 in the r8. I don't like turbo lag, no matter how minimal, if it's not an extension of my right foot and provide a linear feel with throttle inputs and doesn't have character I quickly get bored of it after adjusting to the torque.

I was really hoping the new m3/4 was the break through car in terms of turbo technology. I haven't driven one yet so I'm not counting it out. Hopefully I can find one to rent for a day or two to make up my mind.
Appreciate 0