View Single Post
      08-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
M3OW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw f80 m3 on radar

Sold my car should I now buy an m3?

Hey guys, I would like to ask for some opinions from current f8x owners about the new car. I just sold my r8 and now I don't know to do. Buy a Porsche c2s and keep my dd or get rid of my dd and stick with one car an m3. I can't seem to find an m3 to test drive but once I do I'm worried that a short dealership test drive will not be enough to see if the m3 is the right car for me.

I previously owned a couple e92's and e46 and an e36 and I have a long history with m cars however I'm not fully convinced of the idea of a turbocharged m3. I had a 2007 tuned 335 and that car did nothing for me. It had little to do with the chassis/suspension, as it did with the engine. After getting used to the newfound low end torque I was missing in my previous m3's the engine started to bore me. It just didn't have that visceral feel and response of the m engines I was used to.

I guess I would value the opinions of past e9x e46 owners the most. Is the engine exciting? I know the torque is nice to have but how does the engine feel in respect to the e9x and more importantly how does the engine make you feel compared to the e9x's.

Any thoughts???
Appreciate 0