View Single Post
      05-02-2021, 11:57 AM   #2693
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
This traffic collision occurred around 2200 hours last night. The driver of this truck was likely intoxicated. He failed to negotiate a turn, hit a curb, took out an entire traffic signal which peeled the passenger side of the truck off along with the roof and then hit another pole before coming to rest in the #2 lane. The driver bailed out and left his girlfriend in the truck, folded like a taco, but still alive. Both of her legs are being amputated as we speak. She also has a broken arm and other injuries. Despite all of that, she would not tell me nor the fire department who was driving the truck (...although I suspect the registered owner of the truck). I had to give the news to the injured party's sister and mother, who both sobbed uncontrollably. They know of the guy who drives the truck, but they couldn't provide me with a name at the time of my initial contact with them. Suffice it to say, I had a horrible 16 hour shift.

Frick dude - that sucks. I mean, it does suck for her, but I can't imagine she also didn't know who she was with, if he's cartel related. But it really sucks for her family and everyone who witnessed it too.

Honestly, its things like this that makes me think that a little operation that takes justice in its own hands off the books like the whole Swordfish idea with the terrorists. Honestly though, it comes down to me losing faith with the judges and the so called justice system. I think police try to do their job, but I think judges do not and allow too many technicalities to trump the overall picture - guilty or not.
Sedan_Clan25169.50
Murf99314116.00
paquet629.50